The Emory Gay and Lesbian Alumni (GALA) maintains and seeks to expand a network of alumni of Emory University in order to organize, serve and advocate for Emory's lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community.
GALA seeks to:
● Develop a sense of community and offer networking opportunities, through social events, a newsletter, and an online membership site;
● Support and advocate for a non-discriminatory and diverse working, living, and academic experience at Emory;
● Provide educational opportunities for Emory University students, including scholarships, awards and prizes as well as mentoring and support;
● Support the overall mission of the Emory Alumni Association (EAA);
● Support and coordinate with the Office of LGBT Life at Emory University;
● Support the academic study of LGBT issues throughout Emory;
● Participate in the Emory Alumni Admission Network; and
● Advocate for issues of importance to the larger LGBT community.
For more information about GALA, visit their page on the Emory Alumni Association’s website and find them on Facebook. If you would like to receive GALA-specific information from the Emory Alumni Association (e.g. newsletters, invitations to special events), make sure your profile is up-to-date. Follow this link and select "GALA" to make sure you do not miss out!
The Office of LGBT Life also invites Emory alumni to be involved with the Office and with current students through various programs such as the Queer Connections program. If you are interested in becoming more involved with the Office of LGBT Life, through either donations or volunteering, please visit our support page or contact Danielle Steele at firstname.lastname@example.org.